Hazelnut, Cranberry And Pumpkin PieLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 307
Studded with hazelnuts and brilliant cranberries, this pumpkin pie is a colorful break from the traditional version. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream and a cup of chilled eggnog.
Get recipe for Light and Flaky Crusts.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry disk to make an 11-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate. Fold edges under, forming a decorative rim. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- In a medium pan, combine orange juice, cranberries, and honey. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- In a small bowl, dissolve arrowroot in cold water. Stir in 1/4 cup of cranberry mixture, mixing until well blended. Pour back into saucepan and cook, stirring frequently, until thickened. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin and milk, and stir until mixed. Stir in egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, salt, and unrefined cane sugar. Mix well, then gently fold in cranberries.
- Fill crust and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Reduce heat to 350°F and bake for 45 minutes more, or until filling is set and crust is lightly browned. Sprinkle hazelnuts on top of pie during last 5 minutes of baking. Cool on rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
PER SERVING: Calories 307,Fat 11,Perfat 32,Cholesterol 43,Carbo 48,Protein 6