Grilled Chicken Breasts with Citrus-Scented QuinoaAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Serves: 2 people
- Calories per serving: 390
Quinoa truly is a miracle food: A highly digestible complete protein with a wonderful nutty flavor, it absorbs and complements other flavors unlike any other grain. This recipe makes enough quinoa for four, so you’ll have leftovers.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small saucepan and add onion. Stir for about 2 minutes, and then add grated zucchini. Continue stirring another minute, and then add water, quinoa, and salt or bouillon cube. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover, and cook 15 minutes.
- While quinoa cooks, grate zest from citrus fruits and toss gently with sliced scallions. Squeeze juice and strain into a small cup. Set both aside.
- Heat a stovetop grill or sauté pan to medium-high. Place chicken between sheets of waxed paper and pound gently with a meat tenderizer or the flat side of a knife to flatten slightly. Rub chicken with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill for 3–4 minutes per side, or until slightly springy when pressed. Remove from heat.
- When the quinoa is done, stir in zest-scallion mixture and half the juice; fluff with a fork. Place a small mound of quinoa on each plate and rest a chicken breast against it. Drizzle remaining citrus juice over chicken and serve at once.
390 cal, 32% fat cal, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 99mg chol, 43g protein, 23g carb, 3g fiber, 269mg sodium