Good Morning WakameJennifer Brewer | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 2 people
- Calories per serving: 250
Wakame, a sea vegetable, contains loads of energizing minerals, like magnesium, iodine, calcium and iron. It’s delicious in this savory breakfast. The recipe uses cooked quinoa or brown rice, so make a batch ahead of time to have it ready for the morning.
Staff Favorite, Veggie
- In a medium bowl, cover mushrooms and wakame with warm water and soak for 15 minutes. Drain and chop mushrooms and wakame.
- In a mixing bowl, toss together warm grains, carrot, and green onions. Add mushrooms and wakame. Combine well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, agave or honey, tamari, ginger, and oil. Pour sauce over grains mixture and toss to combine.
- Divide mixture into bowls; top with an egg and sesame seeds for garnish.
PER SERVING: 250 cal, 6g fat (2g mono, 2g poly, 2g sat), 186mg chol, 13g protein, 33g carb, 5g fiber, 682mg sodium