Gluten-free Coconut Shrimp with Black Bean and Mango SaladLaurie Gauguin | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 24 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 64 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 381
Crunchy gluten-free bread crumbs outshine the regular variety in this recipe. Use your favorite bottled, gluten-free dressing with a sweet overtone (such as Annie’s papaya–poppy seed dressing) for the salad. To save time, you can buy prepeeled raw shrimp, though it does cost more.
- Mix together beans, mango, scallions, cilantro, and salad dressing. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, coconut, and salt. Put beaten egg whites in a separate small bowl. Dip each shrimp in egg white; then dredge in bread-crumb mixture. Set aside on a plate
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat; add oil. Add shrimp to pan in a single layer. Cook 3 minutes. Turn shrimp and cook 2–3 minutes, until opaque in the centers. Remove to a plate
- Spoon salad onto serving plates; top with shrimp. Serve with lime wedges.
PER SERVING: 381 cal, 11g fat (2g mono, 3g poly, 6g sat), 53mg chol, 19g protein, 52g carb, 17g fiber, 793mg sodium