Gluten-free Chickpea Patties with Cucumber-Feta SaladLaurie Gauguin
- Prep Time: 14 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 39 mins
- Serves: 3 people
- Calories per serving: 470
Make your own bread crumbs by grinding gluten-free bread in a food processor. Save time by prepping the cucumber-feta salad while the patties cook. Toast sesame seeds by stirring them frequently in a hot, dry skillet until fragrant and golden. Serve with Greek yogurt mixed with chopped fresh dill.
- Put 1 tablespoon lemon juice and next nine ingredients (chickpeas through salt) in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, but not puréed. Form chickpea mixture into three 3/4-inch-thick patties, pressing firmly to compress so they don’t crumble.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat; then add olive oil. Cook patties 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 4–5 more minutes, until a sharp knife inserted into a patty’s center feels hot to the touch.
- While patties cook, dice cucumber. Combine remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice, cucumber, and feta in a small bowl.
- Remove cooked patties to serving plates. Top with cucumber-feta salad and serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 470 cal, 14g fat (7g mono, 3g poly, 4g sat), 16mg chol, 21g protein, 64g carb, 19g fiber, 683mg sodium