Gluten-Free Apricot SconesStaff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 342
These scones freeze well and taste even better the next day, warmed for 30 seconds in a microwave. Serve with apricot jam or honey.
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Sift together first seven ingredients (brown rice flour through salt). Using a pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together 4 eggs, yogurt, apricots, and extracts. Add to flour-butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Dust work surface with brown rice flour. Turn out scone mixture and pat into a 9x9-inch square. Cut scones into desired shape, or use a biscuit cutter. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Whisk remaining egg with 1 table-spoon water; brush mixture over scones. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Bake for 10–15 minutes, until golden.
PER SERVING: 342 cal, 11g fat (3g mono, 1g poly, 7g sat), 32mg chol, 3g protein, 56g carb, 3g fiber, 261mg sodium