Ginger-Pear Teff MuffinsCheryl Sternman Rule | Delicious Living
- Serves: 10 people
- Calories per serving: 133
These sweet and spicy muffins are an excellent source of iron, calcium, protein, and fiber. If your gluten-free flour blend already contains baking powder, baking soda, and salt, omit them from the ingredient list at left.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Lightly coat muffin tins with cooking spray.
- Sift together first six ingredients (flour through salt) in a large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar and oats.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, yogurt, vanilla extract, and fresh ginger. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, stirring until just combined. Do not overmix. (Mixture will look dry.) Fold in pear and crystallized ginger.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake 14–16 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool muffins in pans on a wire rack for 5 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING (1 muffin): 133 cal, 7% fat cal, 1g fat, 0g sat fat, 22mg chol, 4g protein, 27g carb, 2g fiber, 148mg sodium