Ginger-Cacao Spice MuffinsFran Costigan | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Calories per serving: 133
Unsweetened cacao nibs lend healthy falvanols and a nice crunch to these autumn-spice muffins; use chopped almonds or pecans if you prefer. Antioxidant-rich sorghum syrup can replace molasses in any recipe; if you can't find it, use 1/2 cup maple syrup mixed with 2 tablespoons molasses.ned
- Position rack in oven middle; preheat to 350°. line a cupcake pan with paper liners (or oil and dust thoroughly with flour).
- Sift flours, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt into a medium bowl. Whisk lightly to aerate.
- In a second medium bowl, whisk together almond milk, both syrups, oil, and vanilla. Pour into dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Fill cups half to three-fourths full. Scatter cacao nibs over top. Bake 10–14 minutes until golden brown.
- Place pan on wire rack and cool about 5 minutes; then turn out muffins and cool completely on rack. Muffins can be frozen in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
PER SERVING: 133 cal, 4g fat (0g mono, 0g poly, 4g sat), 0mg chol, 2g protein, 22g carb, 1g fiber, 69mg sodium