Fruit Skewers with Cardamom and MintAlan Roettinger | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 199
Combine tropical fruit with a spiced syrup, nutritious oils, and refreshing mint for a truly healthy sweet snack. Don’t worry if the fruits listed aren’t all available—just use whichever fruits you can find.
Staff Favorite, Gluten Free, Quick, Vegan
- Skewer fruit with short bamboo skewers, alternating to create an attractive pattern. Place skewers on a large plate.
- Whisk oil and agave nectar together in a small bowl until emulsified. Add cardamom and chia seeds and whisk well. Let mixture rest at least 5 minutes. Whisk again and check consistency. It should be quite thick.
- Stack mint leaves and cut crosswise into 1/8-inch-wide strips. Fluff to separate.
- Just before serving, brush agave mixture over both sides of skewered fruit. Sprinkle mint strips over both sides and serve at once.
PER SERVING: 199 cal, 8g fat (2g mono, 5g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 2g protein, 34g carb, 5g fiber, 2mg sodium