Fresh Squash With Peppers And CornDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 302
Versions of this summer dish are found throughout Mexico; this one hails from Oaxaca. It works well as a side dish but is also hearty enough to be a main dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on the stovetop. Add potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes.
- Add corn on the cob or frozen corn kernels and cook an additional 6 minutes, or until corn is just tender. Drain. Remove kernels from the cob and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat butter and add onions. When onions are translucent, add potatoes, corn, zucchinis, poblanos and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, oregano and epazote; bring to a simmer, then stir in the crema or sour cream and top with cheese.
- Cover, turn heat to low and cook 5-10 minutes more, or until cheese melts. Serve with warm corn tortillas.
PER SERVING: Calories 302, Fat 15g, Perfat 43, Cholesterol 39g, Carbo 34g, Protein 11g