Fresh Ricotta with Arugula and Flaxseed PizzaLeather Storrs | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 275
Prep tips: Making ricotta is dead simple; leftovers are great on crackers. Of course, purchased ricotta would be fine, too. Whole flaxseeds provide a delectable crunch and added fiber; you could also use sunflower seeds. The combination of hot, creamy, cool, and crunchy is heavenly. Makes one 9-inch pizza.
- To make ricotta: Combine milk, buttermilk, and salt in a large, nonreactive pot and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook, without boiling, for 5–8 minutes. Meanwhile, line a strainer with a double thickness of cheesecloth. Pour curds (solids) and whey (liquids) through strainer. Let mixture drain for 1 hour. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in lemon zest, garlic, pepper, and herbs. Keep ricotta for up to 5 days in the fridge, in a covered container. (Makes about 2 1/4 cups.)
- In a medium bowl, combine Dijon and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in olive oil. Set aside.
- Preheat grill. Create one 10-inch pizza dough crust. Grill dough on one side for about a minute. Flip dough, pop any air bubbles, and spread with ¾–1 cup ricotta. Cover grill. After 3–4 minutes, check crust bottom. If it’s a little charred and dough looks set, it’s ready.
- When ready to serve, toss arugula with about one-fourth of the dressing or to taste, plus flaxseed and chives. Sprinkle over grilled pizza and garnish with grated Parmesan and red onion slivers, if desired.
PER SERVING: 275 cal, 32% fat cal, 10g fat, 4g sat fat, 26mg chol, 12g protein, 36g carb, 4g fiber, 698mg sodium