Fresh Cherry Tart with Cocoa Crustjrubino | Delicious Living
- Serves: 12 people
- Calories per serving: 227
A fruit-filled treat for chocolate lovers. Prep tips: Try this with ripe, fresh, sliced plums, too. Use canola instead of coconut oil if you prefer.
- In a food processor, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, oil, and salt. Process 15—20 seconds, until mixture looks like wet sand. While machine is running, add egg whites and vanilla extract; process until mixture forms a ball. Press into a 10-inch tart or springform pan and 1 inch up the sides. Freeze for 20 minutes, then bake at 350° for 20—25 minutes.
- While crust is baking, place cherries in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until juices begin to release. Cool.
- Melt chocolate and canola oil in a bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth, remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
- Beginning at the outside edge, place cherries in a circular pattern, packing them closely together. Brush with glaze. Garnish and serve.