Fresh Cherry Tart with Cocoa CrustKarin Lazarus | Delicious Living
- Serves: 12 people
- Calories per serving: 227
A fruit-filled treat for chocolate lovers. Try this with ripe, fresh, sliced plums, too. Use canola instead of coconut oil if you prefer. Click here to get the recipe for Citrus Glaze.
- In a food processor, combine sugar, flour, cocoa, oil, and salt. Process 15—20 seconds, until mixture looks like wet sand. While machine is running, add egg whites and vanilla extract; process until mixture forms a ball. Press into a 10-inch tart or springform pan and 1 inch up the sides. Freeze for 20 minutes, then bake at 350° for 20—25 minutes.
- While crust is baking, place cherries in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook for about 5 minutes or until juices begin to release. Cool.
- Melt chocolate and canola oil in a bowl over simmering water. Stir until smooth, remove from heat, and stir in vanilla extract. Spread over hot crust.
- Beginning at the outside edge, place cherries in a circular pattern, packing them closely together. Brush with glaze. Garnish and serve.