Flourless Hazelnut and Pear TorteAlison Anton | Delicious Living
- Serves: 16 people
- Calories per serving: 324
So scrumptiously rich, a thin slice satisfies. In summer months, substitute peaches or nectarines. Prep tip: To remove skins from toasted hazelnuts, place the nuts on a clean kitchen towel. Fold the towel up in a bundle and rub the nuts together vigorously through the towel.
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Brush bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan with oil.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add brown sugar and cook, stirring occasionally, until bubbly and golden, about 4 minutes. Pour into springform pan, spreading evenly with a spatula. Arrange pear slices in two layers, forming concentric circles over caramel.
- Grind hazelnuts in a food processor until a coarse meal forms. Add syrup, vanilla, lemon zest, and salt; blend until incorporated. With motor running, add eggs through feed tube; blend thoroughly for 5–10 seconds, being careful not to overprocess.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Pour batter carefully into bowl with egg whites (off to one side). Using a spatula, fold egg whites into batter just until incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan; place on a baking sheet or piece of foil and bake for 55–60 minutes, until a sharp knife inserted comes out clean. (Cover lightly with foil if it’s getting too brown.) Cool completely in pan. Run a thin knife around pan edge; invert onto a serving plate and carefully remove sides.
PER SERVING: 324 cal, 52% fat cal, 20g fat, 3g sat fat, 61mg chol, 6g protein, 35g carb, 4g fiber, 104mg sodium