Fig PieLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 416
Juicy figs laced with fragrant spices star in this pie, memorable for a taste that is savory rather than sweet. Serve it as dessert, or try it with dollops of goat cheese and a sprinkle of toasted walnuts as a novel appetizer.
Get recipe for Light and Flaky Crusts.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pastry disk to make a 12-inch round. Fit into a 9-inch pie plate, leaving overhang. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Place figs in a medium bowl and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, combine unrefined cane sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix well, sprinkle over figs, and toss to mix. Transfer fig mixture to pie crust and dot top with butter.
- Halve second pastry. On a lightly floured surface, roll one of the halves into an 11-inch round. Using a fluted pastry wheel, cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Repeat with second half.
- Carefully weave dough strips in a lattice pattern over pie. Trim edges of lattice pastry flush with rim of pie plate. Roll dough overhanging from bottom pastry up over lattice edges and crimp decoratively. Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden. Cool on rack and serve warm or at room temperature.
Get the recipe for Light and Flaky Crusts.
Calories 416,Fat 14,Perfat 29,Cholesterol 35,Carbo 70,Protein 6