Eggs en Cocotte with Mushrooms and LeeksLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 155
“En cocotte” refers to the ramekins in which these dishes are baked. Add seasonal vegetables for extra nutrition, or put an additional egg white in each cup for added protein.
- Preheat oven to 375˚. Lightly oil four 4-ounce ramekins.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat and add leeks and mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and cook for 3–4 minutes, until mushrooms are softened. Divide vegetables among prepared ramekins. Top each with about 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Crack one egg into a small cup and carefully pour egg over vegetables and cheese in one ramekin, being careful not to break yolk. Repeat with remaining eggs and ramekins.
- Arrange ramekins in a baking dish or glass casserole. Pour boiling or very hot water into dish, halfway up ramekin sides. Carefully transfer dish to oven and bake 20–25 minutes (check at 15 minutes), until eggs are set but yolks are still tender. Remove from oven and shower with parsley. Serve immediately.
PER SERVING: 155 cal, 11g fat (5g mono, 1g poly, 4g sat), 220mg chol, 10g protein, 6g carb, 1g fiber, 196mg sodium