Egg Salad with Tarragon RavigoteLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 379
Tarragon and champagne vinegar liven up this ravigote, while egg salad gets a major flavor boost, too. If you don't have champagne or white wine vinegar on hand, substitute lemon juice for a bright finish. You can also add a few pinches of cayenne pepper.
- Peel and coarsely chop four hard-cooked eggs and place in a medium bowl; stir in red onion. Set aside.
- Crumble remaining egg into a small food processor. Stir in shallot, mustard, capers, tarragon, and vinegar; process until finely chopped and a paste starts to form. With motor running, add olive oil; and process until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all but about 2 tablespoons of egg sauce (ravigote) to chopped eggs and gently fold to mix. Stir in parsley.
- Arrange bread on a work surface. Divide egg mixture among four slices. Top each with arugula and tomato slices. Spread reserved ravigote on remaining four bread slices, and put sandwiches together. Halve and serve.
PER SERVING: 379 cal, 21g fat (13g mono, 3g poly, 5g sat), 302mg chol, 15g protein, 28g carb, 3g fiber, 443mg sodium