Edamame and Avocado SaladDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 253
Although low in EFAs, virgin (not refined) olive oil helps protect the heart with phytosterols, which prevent cholesterol absorption. Ingredient tip: Look for shelled edamame, or green soybeans, in the frozen section of supermarkets. Prep tip: This dressing is at its peak right after it's made. Serving tip: A delicious meal on its own, you could also serve this with fish or shrimp.
- Blanch edamame in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes, until tender-crunchy. Drain, refresh under cold running water, and drain thoroughly.
- Combine mustard, basil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and garlic in a blender; purée thoroughly. With the motor running, slowly add olive oil.
- Peel and cut avocados into roughly half-inch dice. Toss gently with lime juice in a large bowl. Add drained and cooled edamame, bell pepper, celery, onion, parsley, and cilantro. Pour about two-thirds of the dressing into bowl and toss gently.
- Divide salad greens among plates. Top with a mound of edamame mixture and serve.
PER SERVING: 253 cal, 76% fat cal, 23g fat, 3g sat fat, 0mg chol, 5g protein, 11g carb, 6g fiber, 129mg sodium