Drop Scones with Rose Petals and PistachiosDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Calories per serving: 124
Makes 2 dozen / Serve these buttery treats warm at Sunday brunch, paired with slices of fresh melon and chilled hibiscus tea mixed with sparkling water.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and blend thoroughly. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sir in pistachios. Set aside.
- Stir cream together with rose water. Rinse rose petals, pat dry, and shred finely (there should be about 2 tablespoons). Stir rose petals into cream, then stir liquid ingredients into dry ones to form a soft dough.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake scones for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Prepare icing while scones are baking: Combine confectioners' sugar, jelly, and water in a small bowl and whisk until smooth. Add another teaspoon water if icing seems too thick, keeping in mind that icing will melt a little if applied while scones are warm.
- Remove scones to a baking rack to cool slightly, then drizzle with icing. They are best served warm, right after baking. If preparing scones in advance, cool completely without icing and store in an airtight container. Wrap them in foil and gently reheat at 325°F for 10-15 minutes. Drizzle icing over them while they are warm.
PER SERVING: Calories 124,Fat 7,Perfat 47,Cholesterol 19,Carbo 15,Protein 2,Fiber 0,Sodium 116