Creamy Rice and Quinoa PuddingFran Costigan | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 124
Red quinoa, cranberries, and brown rice make an attractive and supernutritious dessert or anytime snack. Use leftover brown rice or quinoa if you’ve got it on hand.
- Position rack in oven middle and preheat to 375˚. Lightly oil a 1½-quart baking dish, or use cooking spray.
- Spoon cooked rice into a food processor and pulse two or three times. Add milk and process 30 seconds until rice is creamy but not puréed. Pour into a medium bowl. (Don’t wash processor bowl.) Stir in cranberries.
- In food processor, combine tofu, syrup, tapioca starch, vanilla, ¾ teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; process until smooth. Stir into rice mixture. Mix in cooked quinoa.
- Spoon into prepared baking dish. Cover with parchment paper and overwrap with aluminum foil. Bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 10–15 minutes more, or until pudding is bubbling around edges and a knife inserted into the center feels very hot. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack 15 minutes. Pudding firms as it cools.
- Mix maple sugar and remaining ¾ teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over each serving.
PER SERVING: 124 cal, 3g fat (1g mono, 2g poly, 0g sat), 0mg chol, 7g protein, 46g carb, 3g fiber, 24mg sodium