Creamy Cauliflower Soup With AlmondsElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
- Serves: 7 people
You can use toasted cashews, pecans or other nuts instead of almonds. You can also omit the nuts entirely and still have a tasty soup. Pacifying for vata and pitta.
- Melt ghee in large soup pot. Add hing, cauliflower and salt. Stir, cover and cook over very low heat until cauliflower is tender, 30-40 minutes. Stir occassionally. While cauliflower is cooking, boil potato until tender.
- Drain and peel when cool enough to handle.
- Blend almonds thoroughly into 5 cups of stock. For a completely smooth soup, strain through a sieve lined with a clean muslin cloth. Squeeze all liquid from almond meal.
- Purée cauliflower and potato mixture thoroughly with almond milk in blender or food processor. The smoother the mixture, the easier the next step will be.
- Place large sieve over soup pot. Scrape underside of sieve periodically. Do not skip this step! It is essential for a creamy texture. Discard remaining amount of fibrous material that pulls away from the sieve.
- Heat soup to serving temperature. Thin with more stock if necessary. Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
PER SERVING: Calories 302,Fat 24,Perfat 66,Cholesterol 19,Carbo 18,Protein 9,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A