Cranberry-Orange Relish with Vermouth-Baked ChickenCasey Ostertag | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 479
This fresh-tasting and antioxidant-packed relish makes a wonderful accompaniment to holiday dinners and leftover-turkey sandwiches.
- To prepare relish: In a medium bowl, pour 1 1/4 cups of the orange juice over cranberries and set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until soft and translucent. Add garlic, jalapeño or cayenne, and ginger and sauté until soft (not browned), about 1 minute. Add cranberries with juice, salt, and sugar or syrup. Bring to gentle simmer, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove lid, reduce heat, and simmer until about half the liquid has evaporated, about 15 minutes more. Remove from heat. Add remaining 1/4 cup orange juice and orange peel, mixing thoroughly.
- Preheat oven to 300°. In a roasting dish or pan, combine oil, rosemary, sage, salt, and pepper. Wash chicken breasts and pat dry. Rub chicken all over with the seasoned oil, lifting skin to coat underneath.
- Lay chicken in dish, skin side down. Arrange potatoes around chicken, turning to coat with remaining oil. Add vermouth, cover with parchment paper or oven-safe lid, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover. Baste chicken and potatoes with pan juices. Turn chicken skin side up and continue baking, uncovered, for about 30 minutes more, or until meat is tender but not pink. Remove skin and bone, if desired. Serve with cranberry-orange relish.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving (1 skinless chicken breast with 1/4 cup relish):|
|Calories: 479 calories|
|% fat calories: 31|
|Saturated Fat: 3g|