Chocolate Crepes With Strawberry FillingDelicious Living Staff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 5 people
- Calories per serving: 221
A sophisticated, yet easy, dessert recipe that is sure to impress guests.
- For batter, sift flour and cocoa powder into large bowl and make a well in center. Whisk together remaining ingredients. Pour mixture into flour. Separately, whisk until smooth. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place strawberries in saucepan with sugar and lemon juice. Sauté several minutes, until sugar is melted and fruit is tender.
- Heat nonstick sauté pan brushed with oil. Pour in a little batter and tip pan so that batter covers the base. Cook over medium heat 1-2 minutes, until mixture starts to bubble, then flip crepe over with spatula and cook other side. Tip cooked crepe onto waxed paper. Freeze leftover crepes up to three months.
- Serve crepes filled with strawberry filling, dusted lightly with powdered sugar.
*Star ingredient: Cocoa powder has a strong chocolate flavor, so only a small amount is needed to give a good chocolate taste to a recipe.
Adapted from Diabetes Cookbook (DK Publishing) by American Diabetes Association.
PER SERVING: Calories 221,Fat 6,Perfat 23,Cholesterol 86,Carbo 36,Protein 7,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A