Chicken Fra Diavolo with Angel-Hair PastaLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 547
This fast take on the classic shrimp fra diavolo uses quick-cooking angel-hair pasta and adds frozen peas for variety. Boneless chicken breasts are a little more expensive than bone-in, skin-on varieties but considerably speed prep time; use boneless chicken thighs to trim costs even more. This is a fiery dish, so adjust the amount of crushed red pepper flakes to lessen the heat. Freeze leftover tomato paste for another use. Cost per serving: $6.
Staff Favorite, Quick
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Keep warm.
- Cut chicken into strips about 1½ inches long and ¾ inch wide; toss with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook for 3–5 minutes, until lightly browned on all sides. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and half of the garlic; cook for 1–2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add tomatoes with juices, tomato paste, wine, and rosemary. Return chicken to pan, and stir to mix. Reduce heat to simmer and cook, covered, for 5–10 minutes. Stir in remaining garlic and peas; cook for 5 minutes more, until peas are hot and chicken is cooked through.
- .Meanwhile, cook pasta al dente in boiling water. Drain well, and toss with remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. To serve, divide pasta among plates, spoon chicken and sauce over pasta, and sprinkle with parsley and cheese.
PER SERVING: 547 cal, 14g fat (9g mono, 2g poly, 3g sat), 72mg chol, 41g protein, 58g carb, 9g fiber, 436mg sodium