Chicken Breasts with Brandied Cherry-Chocolate SauceJoyce Slaton | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 384
Wow your sweetie by making this decadent dinner for Valentine's Day. Brining the breasts before cooking helps the chicken retain moisture.
- Mix salt into water in a large bowl or zip-top plastic bag until dissolved. Add chicken and allow to brine for 30 minutes in the refrigerator. Remove breasts from brine, rinse with water, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 200°. Pour flour onto a plate or pie pan and roll each breast in flour, patting gently to lightly coat.
- Heat butter and oil over medium-high heat in a heavy 12-inch skillet. Swirl to mix, and cook until butter begins to color. Lay breasts in pan and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken pieces over and cook on second side, undisturbed, until juices begin to clot around pieces, 5–7 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm in the oven while making sauce.
- Add chicken broth to skillet, scraping to release any brown bits. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, 8–10 minutes. Add cherries and vinegar; boil until spoon scraped across pan bottom leaves a visible path in sauce, 8–10 minutes. Stir in chocolate and add brandy. Spoon over chicken breasts and serve.
PER SERVING: 384 cal, 40% fat cal, 16g fat, 7g sat fat, 85mg chol, 31g protein, 24g carb, 2g fiber, 499mg sodium