Chai-Spiced Pumpkin CustardsElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 333
“At our farm we grow hundreds of miniature pumpkins, so I make this fun take on traditional pumpkin pie throughout the holiday season,” says chef-farmer Eric Skokan. If your pumpkins are slightly larger, this filling amount will make six; if smaller, you should have enough for eight. (Bake any excess filling in an oiled ramekin.) Sprinkle leftover topping over a dish of fruit and yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin purée, spices, half-and-half, sugar, and egg, mixing well. Reserve.
- . On a baking sheet, bake pumpkins and tops until they begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and fill with pumpkin mixture. Return to oven and bake until filling is set, 30–45 minutes. (Start checking at 15 minutes and rotate pan as needed.) Remove from oven.
- In a medium bowl, combine gingersnaps, pumpkin seeds, almonds, butter, and oil, mixing well to combine. Transfer gingersnap mixture to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until dry, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, place a pumpkin on six dessert plates. Sprinkle each with gingersnap streusel. Lean the pumpkin tops against the pumpkins and serve.
PER SERVING:333 cal, 16g fat (6g mono, 5g poly, 5g sat), 46mg chol, 8g protein, 46g carb, 2g fiber, 95mg sodium