Cashew Curry with Kale and QuinoaTrina Kaufman | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Calories per serving: 249
This delicious vegan curry features cashews, fresh vegetables, and bright, exotic flavors.
- Combine quinoa, water, and a pinch of salt in a medium saucepan; bring to a full boil, reduce heat, cover, and simmer 10–15 minutes, until liquid is absorbed. Turn off heat but leave on burner for 5–10 minutes more; fluff.
- Meanwhile, combine cashew butter, curry paste, diced tomatoes with juice, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender; purée until smooth. (Makes about 1½ cups.) Discard kale stems; slice leaves crosswise into ½-inch ribbons.
- Place a heavy, large skillet over medium heat and add oil. Once hot, add onion and sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add garlic and carrot and sauté 2 minutes more. Fold in kale until coated in onion mixture and beginning to wilt (add kale in batches if necessary). Add tamari and water; fold to coat vegetables in liquid. Cover and cook 4 minutes, until kale is tender but still green.
- Divide quinoa among serving plates; layer kale and about three-fourths of cashew mixture (or to taste) on top (or stir kale and cashew mixture together before serving). Serve hot, topped with toasted cashews.
PER SERVING: 249 cal, 18g fat (11g mono, 3g poly, 4g sat), 0mg chol, 7g protein, 18g carb, 2g fiber, 328mg sodium