Carrot-Apple Slaw with Cranberries and Pumpkin SeedsStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 136
A fantastic alternative to mayonnaise-based slaws, this colorful side dish is full of vitamins, fiber, and heart-healthy unsaturated fat. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine dried cranberries with 1/4 cup orange juice; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss apple with remaining 1/4 cup orange juice. Mix in carrots, red onion, cilantro, and pumpkin seeds.
- Drain cranberries, reserving juice. Add cranberries to apple-carrot mixture.
- Whisk together reserved orange juice and olive oil. Pour dressing over slaw. Toss well to combine, and season to taste with black pepper.
|Nutrition Facts Per Serving:|
|Calories: 136 calories|
|% fat calories: 39|
|Saturated Fat: 1g|