Bundles of Love and ChocolateKimberly Lord Stewart | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 314
These little pastry packets filled with the sweetest of aphrodisiacs—figs, nuts and chocolate—are the perfect temptation. For extra flair, tie each one with a red ribbon before serving.
- Mix 2 tablespoons honey and 1 tablespoon soft butter until smooth. Set aside until serving time.
- Preheat oven to 375°. While working, keep phyllo pastry covered with a wet cloth towel to prevent it from drying out.
- Mix vegetable oil and melted butter in a small dish. Place one phyllo sheet on the counter and brush with oil mixture. Repeat with the second and third layers. Cut sheets into four equal rectangles with a sharp knife or kitchen scissors.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate, pine nuts and figs. Place a spoonful of chocolate mixture in center of each pastry. Drizzle with a little honey. Draw up pastry edges to center and twist gently to form a package. Tie loosely with kitchen string.
- Bake 6-8 minutes until browned. Spoon 2 teaspoons honey butter in center of each plate and set each warm phyllo pastry on top. Remove string and serve.
Calories 314, Fat 18, Perfat 47, Cholesterol 15, Carbo 11, Protein 3