Brown Sugar–Glazed ShrimpStaff | Delicious Living
- Serves: 1 people
- Calories per serving: 580
Serves 1, with leftovers / Sweet, sour, and salty tastes make this dish an addicting meal for a single diner or appetizers for two. This dish cooks quickly, so have everything ready. Serve with steamed rice and snow peas sautéed with orange sections.
- Combine brown sugar, mustard, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl. Add shrimp, coat well, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly cook carrot, scallions, and bell pepper until hot but still crisp. Remove from pan.
- Increase heat to high and add shrimp in a single layer. Cook for 2–3 minutes, without turning, until shrimp are pink on the pan side and sauce is caramelized. Turn and cook for 1–2 minutes more. Add vegetables and heat through. Serve over cooked rice with scallion greens.
- Reserve half the shrimp and half the rice for day two.
PER SERVING: 580 cal, 15% fat cal, 10g fat, 2g sat fat, 173mg chol, 60g protein, 92g carb, 2g fiber, 625mg sodium