Brown Rice PulaoJessica Rubino | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 258
A popular Indian rice dish. Ingredient tip: Also known as hato mugi, Job's tears—a healthy, gluten-free grain—is available in some health food stores and Asian markets.
- Wash rice and Job's tears in a strainer; set aside.
- Heat ghee or oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium heat. Add spices. Stir a few minutes, being careful not to burn spices. Add rice and Job's tears, and stir about 8 minutes.
- Carefully add water to rice mix (it will pop and splash). Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, cover, and cook for 45-55 minutes.
- Add frozen vegetables to rice and stir on medium-low heat. Stir in raisins and add a bit of salt and ghee, if desired. Remove large spices before serving.
PER SERVING: 258 cal, 21% fat cal, 6g fat, 3g sat fat, 12mg chol, 5g protein, 47g carb, 6g fiber, 31mg sodium