1. Tomato, Mozzarella, and Zucchini Pizza
The vegetarian pizza uses the flavor profile of Italian sausage on grated zucchini, which serves the desire for meat without the need to actually eat it. That's why the topping is on this pie is called "squasage." View recipe.
2. Lemon Pot de Creme
A pot de crème usually contains heavy cream and sugar; in this healthy, light version, thick Greek yogurt replaces the cream and zero-calorie stevia sweetens. View recipe.
3. Spiced Chickpea and Feta Sandwiches
These light, refreshing, and flavorful sandwiches are perfect for transport for travel when wrapped in biodegradable waxed paper, or speared with a toothpick and packed in an airtight container. View recipe.
4. Grilled Tomatoes, Eggplant, and Radicchio with Quinoa
This hearty vegetarian dish is full of flavors: ripe tomatoes, aromatic basil, and the smoke of the grill. View recipe.
5. Parchment-Wrapped Pacific Halibut with Asparagus, Tomatoes, and Mustard-Dill Sauce
Parchment dramatically cuts down on cleanup; just toss it in the compost bin and you’re done!
6. Mango and Black Rice Chicken Salad
Lean proteins paired with whole grains for antioxidants and fiber, pine nuts for monounsaturated fats, and beta-carotene-packed mangoes, provides a nutrient-rich lunch or supper. View recipe.
7. Chicken Satay with Spicy Peanut Dip
A simpler satay, with an abbreviated ingredient list and process. Even without the delicious sauce, the grilled chicken is excellent!
8. Tuna, Asparagus, and Lima Bean Salad
Fatty fish like tuna, salmon, and trout are rich sources of omega-3 fats, which may help ease inflammation as well as lower levels of blood fats called triglycerides. Tuna and lima beans also deliver a punch of blood pressure-lowering potassium. View recipe.
9. Apricot-Glazed Chicken with Prunes and Carrots
A one-pan dish that’s simple and flexible. No carrots? Try parsnips. No prunes? Use dried apricots. View recipe.
10. Fresh Vegetable Rolls with Mango and Tamarind Sauce
These lovely rolls feature an intensely flavored, sweet-sour sauce made with tamarind, a sour pulp found in tree pods native to Asia. View recipe.
This sounds perfect!