Best-Ever Brownies (and gluten free!)Adrienne Lee | Delicious Living
- Serves: 20 people
This recipe by DL recipe tester Adrienne Lee is the most luxurious brownie we've ever tasted -- gluten free or not! For a truly great-tasting result, splurge on the best chocolate and cocoa you can find. In place of chocolate chips, you can chop your favorite chocolate bar or add nuts.
Note that dry ingredients include measurement by weight, which is much more accurate than measuring cups; if you like to bake, it’s worth investing in a kitchen scale.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Tear a piece of aluminum foil 16 inches long; fold over long edge to make foil width 7 1/2 inches. Fit it into an 8x8-inch pan (with extra length hanging over), pushing it cleanly into pan edges. Tear a second piece of aluminum foil 14 inches long; fold over long edge to make width 7 1/2 inches. Fit into pan perpendicular to the first piece. Coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine butter and chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-45 seconds to melt. If not melted, stir a bit, microwave another 30 seconds, and repeat. Let stand and then stir until smooth. Add sugars and stir. Set aside to cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together GF Flour Mixture (see below*), xanthan gum, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs one at a time into chocolate mixture; then stir in vanilla. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips. Mix until just combined. Pour into pan. Bake 30-35 minutes, turning halfway through. A toothpick inserted in center will come out with a few moist crumbs (or clean). Let cool completely. Brownie will be extremely moist (it becomes more fudgy and cakelike as it cools).
- Use foil edges to remove brownie from pan and place on a cutting board. Using a long knife dipped in hot water, cut brownie into about 20 squares, wiping knife between cuts if necessary. (If transporting brownies, tear up pan foil to wrap each square individually.)
PER SERVING: 205 cal, 11g fat (2g mono, 0g poly, 6g sat), 44mg chol, 2g protein, 27g carb, 2g fiber, 70mg sodium