Beef stewRecipe from Pathway to Healing
Warm up with this hearty and healthy stew recipe.
- In a 1 gallon plastic bag, combine flour, basil, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Shake to blend.
- Add meat a little at a time to bag and shake to coat.
- In a large iron skillet or Dutch oven, heat the oil. Add enough meat to cover the bottom, brown. Set aside on paper towels. Continue until all meat is browned.
- Drain oil and return all meat to skillet or Dutch oven. Add chopped onion, rosemary and fresh garlic. Stir and cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in broth and wine.
- Bring to a boil; then reduce heat. Simmer, covered for approximately 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in carrots. Bring to a boil again; reduce heat. Simmer, covered for about 30 minutes longer or until meat and carrots are tender. (If stew is not as thick as you would like, stir in cornstarch (1/4 teaspoon at at time until satisfied).