Basic Pizza DoughDL Staff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 102
Yields 2 10"-round or 6 individual pizzas / Quick-rising yeast is the secret to making terrific pizza in less than an hour. You can also save time by baking pizza crusts ahead and freezing them for when you need them. For perfect crust every time, bake pizza on a pizza screen or ventilated pizza pan. We combined unbleached flour and whole wheat flour for our basic dough recipe. You could use 100 percent whole wheat flour; however, expect a slightly different texture.
- Dissolve honey and yeast in warm water. Cover and set aside until bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Combine salt, unbleached flour and whole wheat flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and pour in yeast mixture and oil. Stir until well-combined and dough pulls away from sides of bowl.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with additional flour as necessary to keep dough from sticking to surface.
- Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size, about 30 minutes. Punch down dough and divide into two equal pieces (or six if you're making single serving pizzas). Dough can be frozen to be used later or rolled out to make pizzas.
PER SERVING: 102 cal, 18% fat cal, 2g fat, 0mg chol, 1.4g fiber