Baba Ghanouj (Eggplant Purée)Staff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 102
This Middle Eastern eggplant dish is a favorite worldwide. Although the eggplant can be roasted in the oven, nothing creates its distinctive smoky flavor like a flame grill.
- Using a fork, prick holes in the skin of the eggplants. Then, on an open-fire grill, roast whole in their skins. Turn occasionally to expose all sides of eggplant to flame. They're done when they have shriveled to about half their size and are soft with blistered skin. Remove from grill, allow to cool until you can touch them, then peel eggplant and place in a bowl.
- Using a wooden meat tenderizer, mash eggplant thoroughly until smooth.
- After eggplant has cooled completely, mix in tahini, lemon juice, celery and salt.
- Let sit a few hours so flavors blend. Serve at room temperature, drizzled with olive oil and lemon juice.
Calories 102,Fat 4,Perfat 31,Cholesterol 0,Carbo 17,Protein 3,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A