Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 small onions, cut into quarters
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup apricot jelly (or any stone-fruit jam or marmalade)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 8 chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), skin removed
- 1 cup pitted prunes
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 450˚. Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a large ovenproof skillet; add onions and carrots and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. In a large bowl mix jelly, mustard, and salt and pepper. Add chicken pieces and toss well.
3. Scatter prunes into skillet with onions and carrots. Top with chicken. Mix water and vinegar and pour into skillet. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 5 minutes.
4. Remove cover and place skillet in oven. Roast for 20 minutes and serve.
PER SERVING: 413 cal, 20% fat cal, 9g fat, 2g sat fat, 115mg chol, 29g protein, 57g carb, 6g fiber, 279mg sodium