Apple-Walnut Coffee CakeStaff | Delicious Living
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 65 mins
- Serves: 16 people
- Calories per serving: 239
This staff favorite makes a yummy treat for festive brunches. Guests and family will never guess that this decadent indulgence contains much less butter and sugar than a typical coffee cake.
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Line a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Butter pan sides and top of parchment.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, cinnamon, and ¼ cup flour. Cut in ¼ cup cold butter until mixture becomes crumbly and resembles a streusel topping. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, use a mixer to cream together ½ cup room-temperature butter and maple sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing until fully incorporated. Beat in buttermilk and vanilla. Sift remaining 2 cups flour, baking soda, and salt into egg-butter mixture. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in apples and walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with streusel topping. Bake for 50–55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool before releasing from pan.
PER SERVING: 239 cal, 11g fat (3g mono, 2g poly, 6 sat), 49mg chol, 4g protein, 30g carb, 3g fiber, 121mg sodium