Apple Pie with Cheddar Cheese CrustKimberly Lord Stewart | Delicious Living
- Serves: 12 people
- Calories per serving: 290
Apples and cheese: a classic combination. If you cut the apples early, sprinkle with lemon juice and drain before proceeding. Get the recipe for Buttery Pie Crust.
- Roll out pie crust; fit into a 9-inch, deep-dish pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Place cheese, flour, sugar, and salt in a food processor; stir. Pulse in butter, forming large chunks. Add milk and pulse just until dough holds together. Collect dough into a ball and flatten into a thick disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Peel and thinly slice apples. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with lemon zest and juice. Stir in spices, sugar, and flour; toss until coated. Remove pie plate from fridge; pour in apple mixture.
- Roll out cheesy dough and fit over top of pie. Trim and flute edges. Cut 5 steam vents, about 1½ inches long, in crust. Bake for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350° and bake 40–45 minutes more, until crust is brown and filling is bubbly. Check crust and cover lightly with foil if it’s getting too brown. Serve warm (reheat at 350° for 20 minutes).
PER SERVING: 290 cal, 12g fat (3g mono, 1g poly, 8g sat), 30mg chol, 5g protein, 42g carb, 3g fiber, 123mg sodium