Apple-Cranberry Lattice PieLisa Turner | Delicious Living
- Serves: 8 people
- Calories per serving: 513
Brimming with juicy apples and tangy cranberries, this lovely pie is best served fresh out of the oven— à la mode is a must!
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, combine apple slices, 1/3 cup unrefined cane sugar, cranberries, and lemon juice, and toss to blend. Stir in 2 tablespoons flour. In a separate small bowl, combine remaining flour with brown sugar and butter, and mix with fingers until crumbly.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out one pastry disk to make a 12-inch round. Fit into a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate, leaving an overhang. Spoon apple mixture into shell. Top with butter and brown sugar mixture.
- Cut second pastry in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll one of the halves into a thin, 12-inch round, and, with a fluted pastry wheel, cut into 1-inch-wide strips. Repeat procedure with second half.
- Carefully weave dough strips in a lattice pattern over pie. Trim edges of lattice flush with rim of pie plate. Roll dough overhang from bottom pastry up over lattice edges and crimp decoratively. Brush top with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon unrefined cane sugar.
- Bake pie in middle of oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until top is golden and filling is bubbly. Cool on rack and serve warm.
Get the recipe for Light and Flaky Crust.
Calories 513,Fat 18,Perfat 31,Cholesterol 47,Carbo 85,Protein 5,Fiber N/A,Sodium N/A