Amaranth Cardamom PorridgeCarsen Snyder | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 365
Isn't the worst thing about breakfast having to get out of bed to make it? Your slow cooker can solve that problem. Start this porridge before you go to bed — or earlier — and everything will be ready when you wake up!
- In the slow cooker, combine apples, amaranth, dates, cinnamon, cardamom and salt; stir well to coat apples.
- In a bowl, whisk water, almond milk and vanilla. Pour over apple mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours (or overnight). Before serving, stir porridge.
- Serve with pecans, syrup and more milk.
PER SERVING (1 cup): 365 cal, 14g fat (7g mono, 5g poly, 2g sat), 0mg chol, 279mg sodium, 54g carb (7g fiber, 18g sugars), 9g protein