All-Purpose VinaigretteElisa Bosley | Delicious Living
- Serves: 4 people
- Calories per serving: 105
Follow these steps for foolproof dressing every time; once you're comfortable with the basic approach, modify it using ingredients you have on hand. Serve over any kind of mixed greens.
- Oil is the foundation of a great dressing. Choose one with a fresh, pleasant fragrance. Pour in a jar with a secure lid.
- To two parts oil, add about one part acidic liquid, such as vinegar or citrus juice. A good vinegar will never let you down; experiment with balsamic, raw apple cider, champagne, umeboshi, fruit-flavored, tarragon, or sherry vinegars.
- If you like, add an emulsifier, such as a dollop of mustard or honey. Optional: Add herbs, ginger, garlic, or other seasonings, plus a generous pinch of sea salt and a little pepper.
- Shake or whisk until blended; taste and adjust sweetness or tartness.
- Refrigerate. Dressing elements may separate over time; just shake again before serving. On salads, start with less dressing than you think you’ll need (you can always add more) before tossing gently.
PER SERVING (1 tablespoon): 105 cal, 10g fat (7g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 0g protein, 3g carb, 0g fiber, 70mg sodium