African Peanut StewCarsen Snyder | Delicious Living
- Serves: 6 people
- Calories per serving: 259
Garlic, cloves and red pepper flakes give this peanut stew exciting flavors, while the peanuts add a satisfying crunch.
- To a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, add sweet potato, onion, tomatoes, bell pepper, garlic, cloves, chili flakes, cumin, salt and chickpeas. Stir to coat vegetables with spices and seasoning.
- In a bowl, whisk broth, peanut butter and honey until smooth. Add to slow cooker, pouring over vegetables.
- Cook on low for 6–7 hours, until vegetables are tender and sauce has thickened, stirring occa-sionally. Add spinach during the last 15 minutes, stirring in to wilt. Add seasoning to taste.
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa or alone, and top with chopped cilantro and toasted peanuts.
PER SERVING (1½ CUPS): 259 cal, 10g fat (5g mono, 3g poly, 2g sat), 0mg chol, 520mg sodium, 33g carb (6g fiber, 8g sugars), 10g protein