Summer Corn Bar with Three Toppings
Makes 18 / This easy presentation is a fun way to serve a crowd. Keep toppings cool by nestling containers in crushed ice.
6 ears fresh corn, husked
18 wooden craft sticks
2 tablespoons salt (optional)
1. Cut each corn cob into 3 disks. Using a screwdriver, carefully push through the center of each cob to create a narrow hole. Insert a craft stick to form a handle.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil; add salt, if using, and skewered corn. Boil 8–10 minutes. (If cooking ahead of time, undercook and reheat before serving; keep warm in the hot water.)
Topping 1: Parmesan Butter
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Blend all ingredients until smooth. Refrigerate. Makes 1-1/4 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Tablespoon: Calories: 93 calories % fat calories: 98 Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 13mg Carbohydrate: 0g Protein: 0g Fiber: 0g Sodium: 58mg
1 bunch cilantro, stems trimmed
1 bunch Italian parsley, stems trimmed
1 bunch fresh chives (about 8–10 stalks)
1/3 cup grated Asiago cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
1. In a food processor, combine cilantro, parsley, and chives; pulse until minced. Add cheese, onion, garlic, olive oil, and salt. Process until well combined. Refrigerate. Makes 1-1/2 cups.
Nutrition Facts Per Tablespoon: Calories: 33 calories % fat calories: 85 Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Carbohydrate: 1g Protein: 1g Fiber: 0g Sodium: 19mg
Topping 3: Southwestern Spice Rub
3 teaspoons sea salt
3 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons chipotle powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or shaker. Makes 3 tablespoons.
Nutrition Facts Per Teaspoon: Calories: 5 calories % fat calories: 38 Fat: 0g Saturated Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Carbohydrate: 0g Protein: 0g Fiber: 0g Sodium: 720mg