More quick breakfast boosts
Sat, 2005-01-01 11:00
- Add fresh winter fruits—pomegranate seeds, bananas, papaya, or blood oranges—to your oatmeal or quinoa for a burst of flavor, plus vitamins and roughage.
- Toss fiber-rich spinach and tomatoes into an omelet or scrambled eggs. Sprinkle with crumbled feta or goat cheese for added calcium and protein.
- Serve poached or fried eggs on sliced, toasted olive or rosemary bread; top with toasted sesame seeds and chopped chives.
- Wrap a tomato- or herb-flavored tortilla around marinated tofu, grated cheese, and chunks of fresh avocado.
- Season and cook ground turkey with cayenne pepper, sage, and other herbs; serve alongside sliced melon.
- Combine peeled grapefruit sections with thinly sliced apple; stir in chopped fresh mint and a bit of freshly grated ginger. Refrigerate overnight, if desired.