Baked (Not Fried) Eggrolls Yields 10 Eggrolls Baking results in a slightly chewy but low-fat eggroll. Serve with hot Chinese mustard.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
1 teaspoon olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
2 cups leeks, washed and thinly sliced
1/2 each red and yellow bell peppers, halved and sliced
1 teaspoon rice syrup
1 teaspoon tamari
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
1 1/2 cups snow peas, thinly sliced
3 tablespoons water
10 eggroll wrappers
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Heat wok over high heat until very hot. Add oil and salt, then leeks; cook 3 minutes or until leeks are softened, stirring. Add peppers and cook 6 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix vinegar, tamari and rice syrup.
3. Add snow peas and vinegar mixture to stir fry; cook 1 minute. Add water, cover and steam 2 minutes or until snow peas are done. Set aside.
4. To make eggrolls, place 2 to 3 tablespoons of filling diagonally on wrapper. Fold the corner over the filling, then fold both sides in. Moisten edge of last flap with water and roll tightly.
5. Place filled egg rolls on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.