April is National Stress Awareness Month, so help a loved one chill out a bit with this stress-less advent calendar. Each day a gift is opened that helps promote relaxation and calm. You can use this calendar and change the theme for Christmas, Valentine’s Day or any special occasion.
What You’ll Need
- 30-inch tree branch
- Brown paper bags, drawstring bag, wrapping paper or scrap paper
- 1 standard hole punch
- Ribbon, twine or string
- 1 nail
- Chalkboard paper (available at craft stores)
- Chalk or a paint marker
- 1-inch circle hole punch
- Black Sharpie
- Double-sided sticky tape
- Various stress-reducing gifts. We included the following:
- Lavender deodorant
- Relaxing mineral bath salts
- Homeopathic Moon Drops
- Natural Calm travel packets
- Vegan foot balm
- Calming eye mask
- Sunflower seeds to plant a garden
- Tulsi Lemon Ginger tea
- Honey Lavender Stress Relief tea
- Lip Rescue Ultra Hydrating lip balm
- Yes to Cucumbers soothing facial wipes
- Find a 30-inch tree branch.
- Cut a 3-foot piece of twine or ribbon and tie a knot on each end of the tree branch.
- Find a place to hang your calendar, locate the center point it will hang from and hammer in a nail.
- Lay out your gifts and wrap them in scrap paper, or insert them into a brown paper bag or drawstring bag.
- If you used wrapping paper or paper bags, punch a hole in the top and cut a 12-inch piece of twine, ribbon or string and thread it through the hole. Once it’s threaded, tie it around the tree branch. If you used drawstring bags, tie a bow and thread the drawstring or ribbon through the bow and tie it to the branch.
- Punch circles out of the chalkboard paper with the 1-inch hole punch. Using chalk or a paint marker, write on the circles the numbers corresponding to the days of the month on which each gift will be opened. Use double-sided sticky tape to attach the circles to the drawstring bags, wrapping paper or paper bags.
Now you’re ready to hang your gifts for 30 days to a calmer you.