8 Ways To Allergy-Proof Your Life
Here are some simple steps you can take to cut down on airborne allergies.
- Get out of the line of fire by going indoors or to another location when hay fever symptoms start.
- Clean and dust your house, and close windows to prevent pollens from entering your home.
- Wash your hair before going to bed.
- Don't hang clothes out to dry.
- Cut down on caffeine, which stresses the glands involved in the inflammation process.
- Reduce consumption of mucous-producing dairy products.
- Check with your health care provider about cleansing your body with a week-long fast, taking in only water, fruit and vegetable juices.
- Avoid dirty air. Car exhaust can aggravate allergies. Try to stay indoors during rush hour when air pollution soars.