Vitasoy Fresh Fruit and Custard Tart
One 10-inch tart-shell
1 3/4 cups Vitasoy Enriched Vanilla Natural Soy Drink
4 egg yolks
1/4 cup fruit sweetener
1/4 cup cornstarch
1. Place Enriched Vanilla Natural Soy Drink in a heavy bottom saucepan over medium heat and let simmer.
2. Whip yolks, sweetner and cornstarch with an electric mixer until fluffy. With mixer at low speed, pour 1/2 cup of hot Enriched Vanilla Natural Soy Drink into the mixture.
3. Pour yolk mixture into remaining Enriched Vanilla Natural Soy Drink on stove, whisking constantly. Raise heat and use both whisk and rubber spatula to keep the custard free of lumps as it comes to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer custard for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Immediately pour hot custard into a bowl; directly cover its surface with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Prepare 2-4 cups of ripe, fresh fruit to use for topping the tart.
1 cup unsweetened apricot jam
1/4 cup water
In a small pan bring the jam and water to a full boil. Lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a sieve. Use while still hot.
1. Brush the inside of the baked and cooled tart-shell with hot Yellow Glaze. Let the glaze cool 5 minutes before smoothing custard in bottom of the tart-shell.
2. Arrange fruit in concentric circles over the custard working from the outside towards the center. Place the fruit in overlapping layers or close together so that as little of the custard shows through as possible.
3. Brush remaining hot Yellow Glaze over fruit for shine and to hold fruit in place.
4. Chill the Fresh Fruit and Custard Tart for at least 1 hour before serving.