To find out the latest on how your food ranks in terms of nutrients and calories, check out the nutrient-dense diet. These 25 foods are best for long-term health.
What's Your Food Score?
While sitting around awaiting Thanksgiving dinner and rooting for your favorite football team to score a safety, do the same for your holiday spread. Holiday meals can turn catastrophic when food is improperly handled.
1. True or False? It's safe to thaw a turkey on the counter if it's out of direct sunlight.
2. True or False? Food can be safely refrozen if completely thawed in the refrigerator.
3. True or False? All foods should be refrigerated within two hours after cooking.
4. True or False? It's a good idea to put leftover soup in its stockpot directly into the refrigerator.
5. True or False? Thoroughly reheating food that's been left out too long destroys dangerous bacteria and toxins.
6. True or False? Food that's gone bad usually has a funny smell or look.
For more food-safety FAQs, log on to www.fsis.usda.gov or call the USDA Food Safety Hotline at 800.535.4555.