Vitasoy Eggplant Parmesan
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup Vitasoy Enriched Original Natural Soy Drink
2 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
1 medium sized eggplant
2 cups tomato/spaghetti/marinara sauce
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese - or tofu cheese substitute
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese - tofu cheese substitute
1. Slice eggplant into 1/4" rounds.
2. Mix salt, eggs, and Vitasoy Enriched Original Natural Soy Drink in medium bowl.
3. Bread eggplant by (1) dusting with flour, (2) dipping in Vitasoy Enriched Original Natural Soy Drink mixture and (3) fully coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
4. Assemble by placing layers of eggplant in buttered baking dish, with alternating layers of sauce and Parmesan cheese.
5. Cover with foil and bake about 30-45 minutes or until eggplant seems tender when pierced with a fork.
6. Remove cover, top with grated mozzarella and return to oven. Bake until cheese is nicely melted.